The Life and Times...

My friend adores the Chinese Proverb: May you live in interesting times. In fact, she too has that on her blog. I want to adopt it...We all definitely live in interesting times whether they are fabulous, exhausting or jinxed. No matter what, let us all live like there is "No Day but Today!"

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Well, I guess some great weekends end. Some end on a super high note and some end on a little more of a low note.

This President's Day weekend, TJ and I took a trip to Charlotte. It was a much needed and anticipated trip with only the two of us. I was truly SO excited about this weekend. We went to the Ballantyne Resort and Spa. I was still excited when we weren't able to go to the Spa - they were all booked. That is actually a good thing as it turns out because we would have spent crazy more money if we would have had the spa treatments we wanted.

On Friday, we went to a place called the Flat Rock Grille. I was thinking I was going to be disappointed after ordering; however, I could not have been more wrong! TJ, though, was a little disappointed. We had calamari with three sauces to start. WAY YUMMY! I really liked the Asian Chili sauce the best. Then, for dinner, I had a sirloin with a herb butter, asperagus and a baked potato and TJ had grilled tuna with rice and asperagus. All of that was good, but the piece de resistance was by far the cheesecake with berry salsa and hot fudge. OH MY GOODNESS! I could have drank the hot fudge...no really...with a straw! That evening I fell asleep by 8:30 in the most comfy of beds. TJ thinks we should find out what kind they are and start saving for a new matress ourself!

We got up Sat. and went driving around Ballantyne. It is a really neat community where you can live, work, be healthy and eat. There are super cute shops and fun things to do and see. They also had an International/Independant Film Theatre in the Village. We went to see Pan's Labrynth - in which I highly recommend. It was a beautiful story with fabulous imagry. GO SEE IT. We then went back to the resort and worked out in a great fitness room. Once we got ready, we had dinner at the resort. YUMMY! We both started with a Yukon Gold and Leek Puree. Then, I had bacon wrapped free-range chicken with cheddar gritts and sauted ramps. TJ had cedar smoked salmon with sweet pea risotto and jumbo asperagus. We failed ot have dessert which I kind of regret now.

Anywho, the next day, we woke up and got a call that our sister-in-law was sick and being transferred to Morgantown from the hospital in Beckley. We cut our trip short to come home and be with our family. Luckily, Michelle is doing better today. She had 2 surgeries yesterday. Everything started from an abcess tooth that got out of control. She wsa in such critical condition from a tooth problem. It could have killed her. Knowing that makes me wonder why people feel as though oral health is an option not a neccessity. Please keep her in your thoughts. I know her little ones want her to come home soon!

So, our weekend ended on a lower note, but thankfully everything is looking up now. And because we did not make it to Table (a cool eatery that I wanted to go to Sunday night) and we were unable to get spa treatments and we never made it swimming (our Sunday afternoon plans) we will have to return to the Ballantyne Resort and Spa!

Thank God it is warming up!

Lindsay

1 Comments:

Blogger mookieam131 said...

So glad the time away was good, but I'm sorry about the family emergency. I hope her recovery is speedy!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home