The Life and Times...

My friend adores the Chinese Proverb: May you live in interesting times. In fact, she too has that on her blog. I want to adopt it...We all definitely live in interesting times whether they are fabulous, exhausting or jinxed. No matter what, let us all live like there is "No Day but Today!"

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hola

Hi All -

I am sorry I have been MIA for a while. As per normal, but anyway. I have a lot to fill you all in on.

First and foremost, I am not ready for a 2 and 4 year old at the same time. Last weekend, our niece and nephew came in to visit and they are a definite handful to say the least. Then TJ took them home and came back with a puppy. Her name is Blue which is confusing. SHE IS A GIRL! Girl doggies cannot be named Blue, but she is not our dog. TJ is simply training her for Jeremy and Michelle.

Michelle, by the way, is doing better. She is still on the respirator, but we hope that they begin removing her from it over the weekend or early next week. She will then still have about 2 weeks in the hospital for observation and rehab type activities. Maybe a little less though. From what I understand, they will have to remove all of the tubes before they remove her from the respirator. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks. They are working!

So, what have I learned from the whole Michelle experience? Two things actually. 1 - It amazes me that people think dental health is optional. HELLO, it can kill you or come damn close, so go see your dentist. If you are in Morgantown and need a good one, go see Dr. Jann Barber on Collins Ferry Road. She is great - even with children in case you are wondering. (I will charge for that advertisement at a later date, Jann! :)
2 - BRUSH YOUR TEETH and FLOSS! I always brushed my teeth, but I have always been a fair-weather flosser. Not any longer though. I floss every day and have for the past week.

Also, I saw the movie Zodiac in the theater on Tuesday night. It is fun to go to the movie on Tuesday, because you can bring any type of container and they fill it up with pop-corn for you. HUGE containers for only $.50. Very exciting. The movie was very good and very long. No, really, 2 hours and 40 minutes PLUS previews and pre-movie advertisements. I thought the cast was good and it is an interesting story. Scary, obviously, because it is true.

In other news, this is the last week of IMC 614, which means that I am practically done with this class and only have the Campaigns class left. This is the capstone course and commences on Monday. Monday should be a good day. It is TJ and my 10 year anniversary. Not marriage people! Dating! Wow - that is a long time, but I would not trade it for anything. He is great and I am uber-lucky to have him in my life! I do not know what I would do without him. (I LOVE YOU! :)

Well, it was good seeing you all. Thanks for stopping by! I will return shortly!

Linz

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana said...

Welcome back! I'm glad that your SIL is doing better and that life is generally good. I'm going to have to be better about flossing. Who knew it could be dangerous not to? Happy Anniversary and have a fabulous weekend!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

This made me laugh: "I have always been a fair-weather flosser. Not any longer though. I floss every day and have for the past week."

I haven't been to a dentist in probably four years. I brush at least twice a day, but I'm not big on flossing.

I hope you did well on your exam that you took in Charleston. :-)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home