The Life and Times...

My friend adores the Chinese Proverb: May you live in interesting times. In fact, she too has that on her blog. I want to adopt it...We all definitely live in interesting times whether they are fabulous, exhausting or jinxed. No matter what, let us all live like there is "No Day but Today!"

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Here Kitty, Kitty

I feel as though I have been a stick of dynamite with a really short fuse for a while now. I am really just irritable. However, I seem to be surrounded by Dumb People that are just ready to set me off.

For example, there is a girl that I have been seeing lately at the gym that is ridiculous. The first time I saw her there, she stayed on her cell phone until her little friend showed up. They were one machine apart from each other...there was a lday trying every so patiently to elliptical machine herself into shape while reading a book as these two people talked over her. Move to machines that are beside one another for goodness sake. For that matter though, there were talking so loundly about the most inappropiate topics that I couldn't even drown them out with my iPod. She was talking about why she was still single and telling her friend - who, btw she was obviously the hag too - about a date she had. He keep screaming, "No, he didn't" with the attitude and little head shake.

I was so annoyed during this trip to the gym, you have no idea! Well, yesterday, she was back. Alone, but back. On the treadmill...on her phone. She was not talking to anyone...just holding the phone up to her head. WHY? Please, if you have insight, tell me why someone would bring a cell phone to the gym and pretend to be on it while working out!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am back at it on the weightloss scene. I am working really hard again and hope to be down to 80 lost by June. Will it for me people! :)

Lindsay

P.S. I know the title of this has nothing to do with my posting, but I felt like URGH had been taken too much lately! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

That's a funny story about the gym. I have had plenty of my own days like that. The rec center is positively the worst gym on earth because there's always 24905842 guys in there trying to be hardasses. I also love watching guys do their exercises improperly or trying to lift too much weight. The best ones are the guys who have ripped (huge) upper bodies but NO legs. :-p

The problem with the gym is that every retard out there thinks he/she can go and know what they're doing. It's just like computers - everyone thinks they're an expert these days...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Nana said...

I know exactly what you mean about those girls. There seem to be a plethora of the dumb ones at my gym too. Makes me want to throw my water bottle at them.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home